A Full Description of Heaven by Chris Hooten
I. The Wonderful Things of Heaven Vs 1-7
- The New Heaven and The New Earth
- The First Heaven and the First Earth passed away.
- Jesus said they would in Mt 24:35
- Peter said they would be melted with fervent heat.
1 Pet 3:10
- There was no more sea Rev 4:6. There is no distance between God and
- The Holy City of Jerusalem
- This is the people of that city. A description of the church, the people of God.
- They came down out of heaven as a bride adorned for her husband.
- This emphasizes a prepared people.
- A Great Voice Out Of Heaven
- The Tabernacle (tent) of God is with men.
- He will dwell with them.
- They shall be his Peoples, God himself will dwell with them and be their God.
- God shall wipe all tears from their eyes.
- There shall be no more death
- Neither sorrow or crying
- Neither shall there be any more pain.
- For the former things are passed away
- God Said, I make all things new
- Kainos- new in character
- New covenant 2 Cor 3:6, Heb 8:8, 13; 9:15, 12:24
- New commandment Jn 13:34
- New creatures 2 Cor 5:17, Gal 6:15; Eph 4:24, Col 3:10
- A New and living way Heb 10:20
- We can know these things for sure and certain. “Write: for these things
are true and faithful.
- It is done, They are done!
- The Nature of God
- I am Alpha and Omega
- The beginning and the end
- I will give unto him of the fountain of the water of life freely.
- He that overcomes (conquers) shall inherit all things.
- I will be his God, and he shall be my Son.
- Those Not Going To Heaven
- Those who engage in the Works of the Flesh Gal 5:19-21
- Fearful, unbelieving, abominable (idolatry, Prv 6:16-19),
Murderers, Sexually immoral, people worshipping idols,
- They have their part in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone this is
- Those that Do the Will of God Mt 7:21-23, Rev 22:14
- The Description of Heaven
- The Holy Jerusalem Descends out of Heaven
- The glory of God radiants from her.
- Her light was like a jasper stone clear as crystal.
- Great high wall around it with twelve gates.
- Twelve names written which are the twelve tribes of Israel.
- The wall of the city had twelve foundations and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
- The angel had a measuring reed to measure the city, the gates, and the walls.
- The city is foursquare 12,000 stadia or 1500 miles long on each side.
4, 12, 10 x 10x 10 complete perfection Holy of Holies was a cube.
- The length, height, and breadth are all the same.
- The height of the wall is 144 cubits or 262 ft.
12 x 12
- The building of the wall was of jasper and the city was pure gold clear
like as to glass.
- The foundations of theWall
All manner of precious stones
- Jasper Sapphire 3. Chalcedony 4. Emerald 5. Sardonyx
- sardius 7. Chrysolyte 8. Beryl 9 topaz 10. Chrysoprasus
- Jacinth 12 Amethyst
- The twelve gates were twelve pearts.
- The street of the city was pure gold as transparent as glass.
- The Presence of God
- There was no temple because The Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the
temple of it.
- The Glory of God and the Lamb lightens it.
- Nations of the saved walk in it’s light.
- The kings of the earth bring their glory and honor to it.
- It dwells in safety it’s gates never being shut because there is no
- Nothing that defiles will enter into it. No one who lies or makes
- Only those whose name is written in the book of life.